After an eventful day of trying to get to Chicago, we finally made it! I thought I booked a morning flight, but apparently it was an evening flight. Unfortunately, we didn’t realize our error until after we arrived at the airport. So alas, we made the trip twice and in between my husband got sick. Not a fun way to start a vacation, but we were troopers and so happy to see our hotel that night!
~ Ian loved the plane ride. When we landed he said “do it again!”
On Saturday we got up and headed to the Brookfield Zoo. It was the zoo I went to growing up and I was so excited to share it with my boys! We met some of our family friends there. As we were walking around I couldn’t place things until we entered an area with familiar buildings and then I knew where we were!
One of the first areas that we visited was a monkey and gorilla exhibit. The little ones all loved getting to see the animals.
As we made our way past the lions and tigers we found the dolphins. We had just missed the show, but were able to watch from below a the dolphins same. Ian, Tatum and Ryan all loved watching them as they swam by. It was cute to watch them get excited!
~ Tatum, Ian and Ryan ~
~ The fountain I remembered ~
~ Watching the penguins ~
It was a hot day at the zoo, but so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment