9.08.2013

13 Months

IMG_7074

This past month has gone by so fast.  We celebrated your birthday and a week later you took off walking.  You haven’t stopped.  You are all over the place and now trying to climb on, up and down everything!  We bought your first pair of shoes, but you prefer to be barefoot and since you stumble less without them, I let you!  Besides you have the cutest fat feet ever!

You and I both started back to school this month.  I started talking you a week before I started for just a few hours each day.  That week went well, but when you started back full time, it was a difficult transition for both of us.  You cried and clung to me at drop off.  Now a few weeks in, it has gotten much better.  Ms. Megan, one of the sweet morning teachers, distracts you by playing in the sink.  You hardly even notice me leaving!  One of your teachers from last year told me how much you have grown and how social you have become. 

You are still a good eater, but have definite likes and dislikes.  As much as we keep trying, you do not like hamburgers.  You will eat any type of potato and fruit is a huge part of your diet.  We transitioned you from formula to coconut milk without any problems.  You love your milk!  I also let you have watered down orange juice on the weekend.  Other than that you drink water. 

You still sleep from 8:30ish until 7 (a little before 7 on school days).  Our night time routine has also changed.  Now you have a bottle while I read books to you.  When you finish we will read another book or two until you climb down. Then we brush your teeth and put you in bed.  You then fall asleep on your own without tears. 

Other than saying “oh” when you drop something, you are still not talking.  You are able to point and can take our finger to lead us to what you want.  You love our evening walks and are able to point to the airplanes in the sky and the bunnies in the yard. 

You laughter is the best sound and I love seeing how you are starting to make connections to everything.  The other evening you picked up your brush and brushed your hair.  It was so cute!  I love you little man!

No comments: