9.16.2012

6 Weeks

IMG_0844

  • This week little man and I visited the doctor to have her look at his rash.  We have been eliminating things from my diet to figure out what exactly he is allergic too.  We know for sure he has a milk allergy and suspect a wheat allergy.  Right now his doctor has me off dairy, wheat and corn.  Once the rash is totally gone I will add either wheat or corn back into my diet and see what happens.  We have switched supplementing from a milk formula to a hypoallergenic one.  After just a few days, he seems much happier and the rash is almost gone!
  • Since we were at the doctor they weighed him.  He weighed 10 pounds 10 ounces with his clothes and diaper on.  This is in the 44th percentile.
  • We have spent the week working on getting a night time and morning time routine down.  We wake up around 6 (anywhere from 5:30-6:15) eat and then go back to bed until 9.  Both of us climb back into bed and he sleeps on my chest for 2 hours.  He breathes and sleeps better and I get some sound sleep.  I love this time and will miss it when I return back to work.  At 9, we wake up and eat again.  Since we brought little man home, he has grazed for hours in the evening.  This week we have tried spacing the evening feeding out a little.  So he eats between 6 and 7 and then from 7 to 8:15 we try to keep him distracted (if possible) by taking a walk, swinging or a short cat nap.  He then gets a bath and his last bottle at 8:45.  He is in bed before 9:30 and has been sleeping 4 – 5 hours (last night it was 6!).  When he wakes, he eats and goes back to bed until our morning wake up time
  • His hair is starting to fall out and in its place blond hair is sprouting.  He is basically bald on top with one tuff of brown hair and brown locks around the sides and back. 
  • He is starting to smile.  Steve says it’s still gas, but I say no.  It is definitely not consistent, but they are starting to come
  • During tummy time, he is picking his head up and holding it for longer periods of time
  • Last night he tracked Steve as he moved from one side of his swing to the other.  He is also starting to watch the elephants hanging from his swing.

     IMG_0841

~ Because I love his expression ~

No comments: