Saturday, August 4, 2012 we left home at 5:40 in the morning to head to the hospital. With our bags and cameras in hand, we were set to meet our son. The hospital was empty and quiet when we arrived. I was a little bit nervous of the whole morning ahead of us, but also extremely excited that we would soon be meeting Ian.
~ The hospital as we entered ~
~ One final belly shot…38 weeks and 4 days ~
After checking in and getting into the gown, I signed paperwork and got an IV. I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor. The nurse had asked me before we started if I was having contractions. I said “no.” As it turns out, I was having contractions every 7 minutes. I had no idea until the nurse let me know I was having them. Then I was able to put the two together. So our ever changing c section date may have worked out for the best!
When the doctors arrived, I headed back to the OR to get my epidural and await the surgery.
~ Dr. M and Dr. A beginning surgery ~
~ Ian James Scott, born at 8:41 a.m. ~
~ He weighed in at 7 lbs. 7oz. ~
~ Steve meeting Ian for the first time ~
~ Getting his foot prints. Steve got Ian’s feet stamped on his shirt. So very cute! ~
~ Dr. M with Ian ~
After finishing in the OR, I was wheeled into a recovery area where Steve, Ian and I had 2 hours to spend together. Here I was able to finally hold him, we did skin to skin and we started working on feeding. It took a little longer to get a room of our own, so the nurse let my parents and Christopher come back for a short time.
~ Meeting Ian for the first time! In love. ~
~ Me showing him off to the family ~
~ His stats ~
~ Big brother holding him for the first time! ~
~ Family of 4 ~
~ Jim and Barb holding Ian for the first time! ~
Our families went to lunch and during this time we were moved to our room. Shane, Lisa and my niece Grace got to meet Ian and watch him have his first bath.
~ Grace with Ian ~
~ Getting his first sponge bath ~
~ Granny holding Ian for the first time ~
Welcome to our world Ian.
No comments:
Post a Comment