On December 7, 2011, I woke up and decided to take a little test. The magical word I had been waiting for appeared...
I immediately woke Steve up and shared the news! I was walking on cloud nine for the next few days. We had decided long ago that we would keep the news as private, until we could meet with our specialist, Dr. Z.
Our first appointment with my regular Ob. Dr. M was on December 20th. I was exactly 6 weeks. We had an ultrasound, but much to my disbelief the sonographer could not find the baby. My doctor was not worried and felt it was too early in the pregnancy to detect the baby. It was during this week that nausea and exhaustion hit me hard. We went back on December 29th and this is what we saw…
~ 7 weeks 2 days~
The baby was measuring right on track and the heartbeat was 129.
With our history, Dr. M wanted to see us back at 9 weeks for another ultrasound. I was so nervous before the ultrasound. My nerves didn’t settle until the I saw the sonographers' measurements and they were all on track. The heartbeat was 179.
~ 9 weeks 2 days ~
All day nausea plagued me until around 14 weeks. I am very lucky that Steve could take over cooking duties and handle the kitchen. While I could eat, smells where horribly strong and could send me over the edge. I was also exhausted until about 13 weeks. It wasn’t uncommon for me to fall asleep around 8. On the weekends, I would get up and then want to go right back to bed. While these symptoms were not great, I was so thrilled to be experiencing them!
The Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment